This is sure to be an interesting thought and conversation starter.
******************************************************************************
Why is it that people always demand your best? Is it because they want you to achieve what is good for you in life? perhaps it is what they want from you, that they demand your perfetion. Or maybe it is just a line in life that is often said, but never acted upon by people. Oh but that is not true. There are banks that say, we do our best. Or insurence companies, 'we do the best'. Or car dealerships, 'what if we didn't do better, just good'. When I hear a person say, 'I strive to do my best' or 'i'll do my best' I emmediately think they'll do their best, or that indavidual is just saying that to reasure the person they are saying it to. Example: A government agent is assigned to a case. But this case is his last chance to make a good impression on his boss, so he get's that raise he's always wanted. 'I'll do my best sir. I won't let you down.' he says. But will he? Does he really strive to solve this tough case for his boss? Depends on that persons disapline and strife. He may just slug off, or his mind maybe closed off and he may not really 'try his best' but only try. So ask your self that very question. Why Perfection?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Is this supposed to be a hint for me??? Are you trying to get me to quit being a perfectionist? Huh? JK! It is an interesting thought, but if we started discussing it we could be going for hours... So we probably shouldn't even though it would be fun! Anyway, you're probably starting to freak out, so I'll say that I'm your best friend so that you can actually make some sense out of this! Love ya lots! TTYL!
-Anonymous :)
(I figured that since I said I was your best friend I didn't have to sign, 'Cat'!) ;)
lol That would be VERY interesting conversation. Wierd...uh and no I wasn't trying to hint you. lol
Post a Comment