Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Mother Story...hehe

I could probobly get in trouble for writing about this, but I just can't help myself.Okay, so you all know that this is the time to start putting all your Christmas decorations away, right? Well my mom was glueing a leg back on one of those "lords a leaping" ornaments from our garlend when she got extra glue on her finger. She had no idea. hehe.So here she is sitting on the couch waiting for the glue to dry while holding the "lord a leaping" while the glue on her finger is drying also.

When it's done drying she goes to put it down but her finger won't let go. NOTE: My mom has been trying several different glues to make this stupid "lord a leaping" 's leg to stick on, elmers, gorilla, and now this kind. Well I guess this kind worked, because she couldn't get her finger off the ornament. It has got to be the laugh of the week. She did all she could. She walking around the house with this silly ornament in her hand because she can't let go.

Soaking the hand and ornament in soapy water didn't work at first but finally, like 10 minutes later, her finger was free of the "lord a leaping". A bit of her skin was pulled off but she said it didn't hurt when it came off. So that was my FIRST exciting moment of the day....that is until my dad and I went mushing. We went to Wilderness and "hit the trails". We had a blast, as the dogs made 15.0 MPH.The red team, consisting of Jasper, Dad, and the red petal scooter were all pumped and ready until Jasper decided to wonder about and tangle ALL the lines.

Then there was us, the yellow team, consisting of Angel, me, and the yellow scooter, whom I have decided to call Pip. Don't ask me why, but I just love to name things. I even named my brothers car.....the rust bucket. :-DAnyway, back to the subject. When we had gone a good distance we decided to turn back. Finally reaching the first trail we had come from, which by the way was a steep, but short hill, we turn and go down it. By the time we reached that hill we had put the two dogs on one scooter, while taking turns being pulled and the other person petals on the red petal scooter.

So it was my turn to ride the dog scooter and they get all excited and saw a runnning squirrel. For those of you who have read my earlier adventures with dogs pulling scootera with me on them and "running" squirrels, know what happened and what I did. Yes, I again had to ditch the scooter. The dogs took a detour and forgot to tell me. So I drop the scooter and start running after them. Now remember that when scootering my dad and I wear waist bands that connect to the dogs harness so I can't "let go" of the dogs as they give chase to the now sprinting squirrel.

Thank goodness they stopped when both my dad and I called out to them and we redirect them to the correct trail. We go like 10 ft, then there's that tiny, steep hill I was telling you about. So I tell them to go ahead down it, thinking that we were just going to walk down and that I wasn't ready to ride down....I figured out that dogs aren't mind readers that very moment. (Of corse I knew that before!)

So just like da-ja-voo I ditch the scooter and end up running all down and around a few sharp bends then see my rescue comeing at me. (Rescue meaning tree branch) I grab the tree branch and my feet almost leave the ground as the dogs kept pulling until FINALLY realizing that I'm not in a position to follow them anymore. So they stop and my dad walk's both scooter back to the van while I jogg along with the dogs. Yes, I love those dogs but after one trail ride with both hooked up on one scooter....I need a massage. (hint hint grandma, just kidding) :-D Well, I'll be going now.
Later,
TrinityZChild

No comments: